9 DIFFERENT WAYS TO EAT BANANAS :p
I returned last week from a 5-day visit to Banana Island! This length of time was dictated purely by my running out of ripe bananas! One thing I definitely learned while I was there: when you’re eating only one type of food continuously for a number of days, the main craving is likely to be variety! The only way to create that variety is to change the way that you prepare the food. Thus far, I’ve tried out 9 different ways to prepare bananas :p Let me know if you think of any more!
- BANANA ICE CREAM: frozen bananas blended with minimal water.
- BANANA CEREAL: small amount of frozen banana blended with much larger quantity of water to create the ‘milk’ with chopped banana pieces for the ‘cereal’ part.
- FRESH RIPE BANANA SMOOTHIE: unfrozen bananas blended with water.
- CHILLED BANANA SMOOTHIE: frozen bananas blended with water.
- BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT: banana smoothie with a scoop of banana ice cream!
- BANANA MUSH WITH SLICED BANANAS: (yes, seriously) apparently banana mush was actually the first food I ever ate.. could explain a lot. Anyway, this is just fresh ripe bananas (and a teeny bit of water) mashed up with a fork.
- STRAIGHT OUT OF THE SKIN! (genius I know :p)
- SLICED UP IN A BOWL: simple as that.
- BANANA STACK: fresh ripe bananas sliced in half length-ways, then stacked up like jenga bricks and drizzled in soft-serve banana ice cream (scraping the barrel here I know haha, but the variety seriously makes a difference!)
Obviously, if you add greens into the detox as well, the variety opens up even more. I chose to go with just bananas this time, but next time I’ll probably be adding in lettuce too, just to keep me sane.
IMPORTANT: Always use ripe spotty bananas for the highest nutrient absorption and best digestion :D
10 WAYS TO DRINK MORE WATER THIS SUMMER!
Now that the hot weather is with us, it is even more important that we hydrate ourselves properly and efficiently. With heat, comes times outdoors in the sun and lots of sweat. It is important that we replace all water loss to keep our bodies working at their optimum capabilities.
*NOTE: If you are active during the summer, it is even more important that you increase your water intake by significant amounts.
- Carry it with you!
Buy a plastic bottle and carry it around with you! Take it to work, school, on your day out, wherever! Even take two just in case you finish the first one. This should help prevent you from buying any fizzy or sugary drinks while out and will always be there to keep you refreshed whenever feeling a bit thirsty. Put ice cubes in it to keep it cold too!
- Make games with it
Honestly though. How fun would it be to turn drinking games into water games. Gather friends around and play Water pong and watch each other get drunk of water haha! Or ring of fire? Who will have to chug all the water from the middle glass? Dun, dun, dun!
- Track your intake
Make a little calender and track how much liquid you’re drinking daily - including other drinks. This might help encourage you to increase your intake of water if you see that you’re drinking very little in comparison to the other liquids, etc. You could also make a calender specifically for water and it might help you stay committed to drinking water at a certain time of day and staying at it!
- Create Reminders
You could have reminders on your phone that beep at you at a certain time of day telling you to drink a certain amount or another slightly more fun suggestion… If you buy a plastic water bottle you could mark the times of day on it to make sure you drink that certain amount of water by a certain time of day. Like so:
- Add Fruit to flavour it up
Drinking just water can get boring and that’s why normally we need something sweet to quench our thirst and taste buds. But fear no more! You can fix this by adding different kinds of fruits and herbs to your water. My personal favourite.. Lemon and Mint! Delicious. Literally though try it out and play around, here are a few that is nice!
- pineapple and strawberries
- strawberries and cucumber
- lemon and mint
- lemon and lime
- raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, strawberries
- oranges, pineapple, mango!
Here is also a link that can help you with this!
- Drink before, during and after meals
This will help get your insides working and help break down the food that you’re eating. Doing this will also help in eating slightly less which helps with weight loss in a healthier way. It also helps prevent bloating because the water helps breakdown all the nasty stuff that causes bloating!
- Sip it with a straw
A way that helps me to drink water more regularly when I’m not doing much is to have it next to me in a glass with a straw. This helps me stop eating out of boredom because I just keep sipping on the water and playing with the straw. It works!
- When you feel hungry, Drink!
Sometimes thirst responds the same as a hungry tummy and sends the signal through a rumbling tummy. Rather than eating straight away try downing a glass of cold water. If you’re hungry afterwards then of course, eat but if not then great!
- Drink a Glass of water every morning
This is a great way to get everything in your system cleansed, detoxed and working more efficiently and earlier. It will help breakdown your breakfast and make you feel much more refreshed, making you more awake and ready to take on the day!
- Keep it in places that is easily reached!
Buy a couple of packs of bottled water. Preferably the 24 packs. Keep them in your car, at the front door, in the kitchen, in your room! Wherever you feel like you need it most. I like to keep some at the front door and in the car. This helps me in taking one when I go out and when I’m out and need some water can just go to the car and quench my thirst. Although this may seem expensive, I can guarantee it will be much cheaper in the long run and will help your health in a way that makes it all worth it!
I hope this helps you stay hydrated and refreshed this summer and forever :)
Note: The photos do not belong to me. I found both on google and claim no ownership!
Making healthy french toasts is actually easier than you think. Check out these 16 mouth watering, healthy french toasts recipes… You’re going love #13! http://dailyhealthytips.org/16-mouth-watering-healthy-french-toasts-recipes/
image source: www.skinnymom.com